Reflection 7 and 8

 In these last two weeks of class I have learned a lot of material including concepts of measurment, how to read mean, median, mode and range. This was a good recap of these materials because I have learned them in the past but haven't gone over or studied them since. In elementary school I had several ways of learning these by videos and songs. I thinkthis would be helpful for my students if I would include videos or finding a song to help them remember how to do these math tasks. We also went over population, sampling and norming which I was not too familiar with. Populatation is when an entire group of people performance is estimated by the instrument instructed. Norming is refered to as a process of constructing norms or also know as the typical performance of a group of individuals. Finally sampling is a group of people who are actually included in the certain test or study. I definietly feel more comfortable with these areas after going over them for the first time or just a refresher to get it back in our minds. I think after going over these topics i can include these in my future classrooms better than ever. On Monday, we began our excel sheet, with stats of students. These were then used to find the mean or average, mode and median of all the numbers. This was a great refresher of excel for me because I have not used this in a long time.

Comments

  1. Nice post! I also now feel more comfortable with these areas after going over them in detail. Some of the information I forgot from high school, so I think it was a really good refresher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I also learned in elementary school different songs to learn these terms. I like how you explained each of the terms. Making graphs on Excel was a great way to combine everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler, what a great blog. I am going to miss reading your blogs every week. Your intel was exquisite and the mountaineers would be proud. Go Pitt. Hope field is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection #2

Reflection #5

Reflection #4